Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday Gloom

Day 9

This weekend we spent time writing the first draft of our Pedagogy, my "I believe" statement related to environmental education. The beginning of a paper is what I spend most of my time concentrating on. Which doesn't mean to say that the rest won't be great! I just feel a strong introduction really attracts the reader. All together it was a great weekend because I was able to explore Southern New Hampshire too. I spent some time at the Bellamy Reservoir and Pawtuckaway! Oh and Harry Potter 7 was thrown into the mix!

This day is dedicated to our projects so Team Vern went out into the field. Our initial consensus was that there would be no water in Laverne and Shirley. We even made a friendly wager with Eleanor. We were wrong! Dead wrong. Barrington and it's surrounding towns had some severe rain storms Thursday (Team Vernal was privy to the beginning of the storm!), which we are assuming filled up Laverne and Shirley. However, living in the area I was able to partake in the beautiful sunny days we had this weekend and I would have bet there would be no water. It was amazing to see so much water and Shirley's area was higher than it had been last week. It was very cool to see!


This was Thursday, July 19th:


This was Monday, July 23rd:

1 comment:

Jobeana said...

Wow! Those are neat pictures. I hope it rains again so that the pool will change in size. I can't wait to compare our projects. I was going to wait for Harry Potter but I don't think I can. Don't tell me what happens.
Johanna