Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Laverne and Shirley

Day 6 and 7
Yes I know what you may be thinking but I am not talking about these gal's:


The real Laverne and Shirley are on the Tamposi:

This is where a majority of our project will be done. We are Group Vernal and it just seemed to be appropriate for our two pools to be named Laverne and Shirley.

These last two days we have had some really great facilitations. We got to sculpt stumps out of clay, take a tree tour of UNH, and meditate out on the Tamposi at the Beaver Pond (with lots of mosquitoes too). We also have gotten a lot accomplished with our pedagogies and I am really pleased with the direction my belief went. I do have to admit that my outline took a few more hours then I had expected but I am still alive.

It was really great to go to our vernal pool site on Wednesday to take all our pool measurements and note what is living in the pools. We saw some green frogs, a few tow biters (yuck), water scorpions, and much more. It was very cool. Also, it seems the area is a sort of moose highway since the last two days we have had fresh tracks! Very exciting and hope we get to see him or her...from a distance!


Mr. Tow Biter (Giant Water Bug) and a Green Frog!

2 comments:

Mosquito killer said...

Thanks for posting the picture of the toe biter. I had much worse visions in my head- big eyes, teeth- like Little Red Riding Hood's wolf, but submerged.

Mtn Girl said...

Really cute pond names, I have to admit I'm a huge fan of the originals and after your presentation probably the new ones as well. I'm really interested in what your group is all about and sounds like your finding some awesome stuff. Water scorpions sounds a bit creepier to me than toe biters but I think I'd have to see each to make a final decision!